BOARDING AGREEMENT- LEGACY RANCH
THIS AGREEMENT is entered into between Legacy Ranch, LLC, a California Limited Liability Company (hereinafter “LR”) and the party listed below (hereinafter “PARTY”) and is effective the date that it is signed by PARTY.
1. Each stall shall be occupied by only one horse. Turnouts shall be occupied by no more than one horse, unless approved by management. Should PARTY bring in at any time more than the number of horses set forth herein, it shall be PARTY’s responsibility to notify LR immediately upon arrival of the new horse(s) and pay the cost of boarding the additional horse(s). LR reserves the right to change PARTY’s board location, in its sole discretion.
2. Boarding Fees. Upon execution of this Agreement, on Signed Date, PARTY shall pay to LR all boarding fees prior to boarding at Legacy Ranch. The monthly fee set forth herein is due and payable on the 1st day of each month. The boarding described herein is on a month-to-month basis. All payments are in U.S. Dollars and must be timely; that is, they must be received by LR no later than ten (5) days following the due date. LR reserves the right to increase boarding charges, finance charges by giving thirty (30) days’ written notice to PARTY.
3. Feed, Facilities, and Special Instructions. Unless otherwise specified herein, LR will keep, maintain, and clean the stalls twice a day, turnouts, pens, and arenas. LR staff will feed the horses hay in the morning, noon, late afternoon/evening as well as supplements. At the request of PARTY, LR has been instructed to provide the following in addition to the normal and reasonable care and maintenance that LR provides. Any additional agreed upon or emergency fees will be charged to card on file.
4. General Terms and LR Rules. Attached hereto and made a part hereof is LR Rules and Regulations. PARTY, and anyone accompanying them at any time, agrees to strictly abide by all of the rules and regulations at all times while at LR. Except for normal wear and tear, PARTY is responsible for any damage that they, their horse(s), or anyone accompanying them causes to the LR premises. PARTY is solely responsible for all of its employees, agents, assigns, guests, equipment, tack, vehicles, and personnel. At the termination of this contract, PARTY shall contact a representative of LR one week prior to the termination of this Agreement, and the parties shall jointly inspect the premises.
5. PARTY Assumes All Risk. PARTY assumes all risk of loss, sickness or injury to all persons, property, and the boarded horse(s). Prior to arrival at LR, PARTY shall provide to LR proof of current tetanus, sleeping sickness, and influenza vaccinations. A current negative Coggins test is required for all horses arriving from out of state. PARTY shall make sure that its horse(s) are properly cared for, treated, fed, and watered. PARTY is responsible to insure or safeguard its horse(s), tack, vehicles, trailer(s), equipment, and guests against any accident, fire, theft, loss, or injury of any nature or kind, and PARTY shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LR from any loss, claim, damages, liability, personal injury, or expense of any nature or kind arising out of or in any way related to this Boarding Agreement, for damage to persons, animals, or property by reason or condition of being on the LR property and appurtenant areas. This indemnity is specifically intended to be a broad indemnity and hold harmless agreement to ensure that LR shall not be responsible for any claims of PARTY or anyone associated with them. PARTY and any of their guests or attendees shall execute the Release, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement, which is also incorporated herein by reference.
6. Emergency Care. LR agrees to attempt to contact PARTY should LR feel that veterinarian treatment is needed for PARTY’s horse(s). If LR is unable to contact PARTY, LR is authorized by PARTY to secure emergency veterinarian and blacksmith care required for the health and wellbeing of said horse(s). All costs for such care shall be paid by PARTY within ten (10) days from the day PARTY receives notice thereof, and LR is authorized to arrange direct billing to PARTY.
7. Right of Lien. PARTY is on notice that LR has a right of lien, as set forth in the Livestock Service Lien laws of the State of California, pursuant to California Civil code §§ 3080-3080.22, for the amount due for the board, care, and keep of such horse(s). LR shall have the right to retain said horse(s) until the amount of any indebtedness is paid in full.
8. Ownership. PARTY warrants and represents that they own and/or have the legal right to possession of said horse(s) and that there are no liens, express or implied, against the horse(s).
9. Termination. Either PARTY or LR may terminate this boarding agreement with 30 days written notice. On the last day of boarding, PARTY shall remove all tack, horse(s), personal property and equipment, and return the premises in the same condition as when received.
10. Miscellaneous. PARTY agrees to respect the rights of privacy of all people who live on the LR premises and to treat all LR personnel and other boarders with respect. This is the entire agreement between the parties and may only be amended in writing, signed by all the parties. California law shall govern this Agreement. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to attorney fees and costs. This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred without the express written consent of LR.
PARTY electronically signing boarding agreement below acknowledges that they have read, understood, and have authority to enter into this Agreement and have executed it on the dates filled in below.